Capital Bike and Walk’s mission is to provide expert advice on infrastructure, programs and strategies to support the choice for cycling and walking.
CBWS hosts workshops on walking and cycling, and conducts audits and analysis of the walking and cycling environment in the Capital Region.
We have also published a “Downtown Victoria Walking Map” that highlights routes and features of Canada’s most walkable city. Watch for a second edition of the map to appear and for our on-line format on the website soon. Many thanks to sponsors:
- The Downtown Victoria Business Association (www.downtownvictoria.ca)
- The Greater Victoria Harbour Authority (www.victoriaharbour.org)
- Dockside Green (www.docksidegreen.com)
- The City of Victoria Engineering Department (www.victoria.ca)
- Ralmax and Point Hope Shipyards (www.pointhopemaritime.com)
- Frontrunners (www.victoria.frontrunners.ca)
- Victoria Harbour Ferry (http://victoriaharbourferry.com)
We are also working on a new bicycle parking manual to help planners and engineers, developers and architects. “Bikes at Rest” is supported by:
- Translink – the Greater Vancouver Transportation Authority (www.translink.ca)
- Mountain Equipment Coop (www.mec.ca)
Our online bicycle parking resources is located at: www.bicycleparkingonline.org
Our work on cycling and walking issues is featured on the website where you will find research and resources on design issues.
For consultant services on cycling and walking programs and infrastructure: firstname.lastname@example.org
Capital Bike and Walk is at work on many fronts. Check in from time to time to see what’s new.